To be enforced from: 15.01.24
1. What data do we collect?
We try to ensure that we collect little to no data in the first place. In certain cases we may require your phone number, and email address. You could always choose to not give us the information and are encouraged to use pseudonymous phone numbers and email ids. Bitcoin addresses, keys are stored on the device. Information about your bitcoin addresses, balances belonging to bitcoin addresses and your bitcoin transactions are recorded on the public Bitcoin blockchain.
Any information related to your public keys, and key secrets transmitted via the Bitcoin Keeper relayer is encrypted using the industry standard encryption algorithm AES-256 and no party, including BitHyve can ever access it.
Any information that you share with us as part of user support, including your phone number, telegram handles,etc will only be used in-so-far as it helps address the specific issue you need help with.
If you use an app store to download Keeper, please note that you would be having a separate relationship with the store. BitHyve neither solicits or receives individual users’ information who use the app stores to access our app.
2. Data processing records:
Purposes for Data Collection:
– Sending alerts and notifications about Inheritance Key requests.
– Notifying users of account activity.
– Contacting users for customer support purposes if needed.
– Legal Basis for Processing: Consent
– Data Retention Period: Until the user chooses to delete the data.
3. Access Logs:
– Maintain records of data access. Access logs are recorded at the backend servers.
4. Data Breach Response Plan:
In the event of a data breach involving email addresses and phone numbers, our response plan includes the following steps:
– Detecting and assessing the breach
– Reporting the breach to the relevant authorities within the legally required timeframe
– Mitigating measures to minimize the impact of the breach
– Notifying affected individuals, if required by law
– Reviewing and updating our security measures to prevent future breaches
5. Records of Consent:
Document user consent for processing email addresses and phone numbers. Consent records are maintained in our backend systems and linked to user accounts, including:
– Consent mechanism (e.g., checkboxes, user account settings)
– Date of consent
– Purpose of processing (e.g., notifications)
6. Data Subject Request Handling:
Data subject requests related to email addresses and phone numbers are handled through the app settings. Users can exercise the following rights:
– Access their data
– Rectify their data
– Erase their data
7. Processing Records:
We maintain records of data processing activities, including when data is collected, how it is used, and any data transfers or sharing with third parties. These records are maintained in our backend systems and are available for audit purposes.
8. Training and Awareness:
Maintain records of training and awareness efforts related to data protection for relevant personnel.
9. 3rd Party integrations
If you choose Bitcoin Keeper to use external services like buying bitcoin, any information you enter in the app are directly passed on to the service provider on your consent. We do not store any of it.
11. How to contact us